To qualify for assistance, you must:
- Have a household consisting of a parent and at least one dependent child under the age of 18.
- Have an immediate family member in treatment for a cancer diagnosis.
- Be represented by a health care professional, social worker or financial navigator to begin application process.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial hardship and identify specific expenses for which they need assistance.
- Reside in the state of Michigan.
To apply for assistance:
- Application must be received through a hospital social worker or financial navigator. If you contact New Day directly, you will be referred to the appropriate contact at your health care facility.
- If you don’t know your social worker or if your social worker is not familiar with New Day, we can help. Call us at (248) 648-1105 for guidance.
Eligible expenses are considered to be necessities, including health insurance premiums, mortgage or rent payments, car payments, car insurance, utilities, food and/or fuel costs, childcare, funeral/memorial expenses and other items.
New Day does not make payments for medical treatments, prescription drugs, medical co-pays, insurance deductibles, or credit cards (monthly payments or balances) but will work with you to find viable solutions. Payments are made directly to creditors. Financial education and planning support are available upon request.
If you or your social worker have any questions, please contact us!